Matrix Providers, a veteran-owned company is hiring for a qualified Surgical Technologist to join our team of talented professionals who provide health care services to our veterans and their families at the Carl R. Darnall Army Medical Center in Fort Hood, Texas.
• Status: Full-Time
• Schedule: This is a 24/7 facility therefore hours of performance will vary, Sunday through Saturday, including Weekends, Federal holidays and Training holidays
• Competitive financial package with a comprehensive insurance package including health, dental, vision, and life coverage.
• Accrued Paid Time Off (PTO) & Paid Holidays
• 401(k) Plan
The Surgical Technologist must have the following qualifications:
• Degree: Certificate Required
• Education: Graduate from Surgical Technology program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) or completion of a formal training program provided by any branch of the U.S. Armed Forces (Army, Navy, Air Force) for surgical technicians, surgical technologists or operating room technicians
• Certifications: In addition to Basic Life Support, certified as a Surgical Technologist (CST) from The National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA), Association of Surgical Technologist (AST) or certified as a Tech-in-Surgery (TS-C) from the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) or possess a Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) certification as a surgical technician and/or operating room technician
• Experience: Within the last two years, one year of scrubbing experience as a Surgical Technician or Operating Room Technician after graduation in any one (or a combination of more than one) of the following surgical services: general surgery, orthopedics, gynecology, or genitourinary
• Experience in robotics and large orthopedic cases is required
• Due to contractual obligations with the DoD, Health Care Workers performing under this contract must either be a U.S. citizen, or as defined by the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, either a noncitizen national of the United States, lawful permanent resident of the United States, or alien authorized to work in the United States.
You will love being part of the Matrix family of Providers whose focus since day one has been selflessly giving back to our hard-working and devoted military servicemen and women. Matrix Providers has always been a proud veteran-owned company and military family supporter and is a staunch ally of our active-duty and veteran service providers.
Matrix Providers is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.